What is the AOC Consortium?
El Open Administration Consortium of Catalonia (AOC Consortium) has its genesis in the Agreement for the promotion and development of the Information Society in the Catalan public administrations (42,56 kB), signed in the Parliament of Catalonia on July 23, 2001, between the presidents of all parliamentary groups, the Government of the Generalitat of Catalonia and the local governments represented by Localret.
The AOC's mission is to promote the digital transformation of the Catalan administrations, to promote governments agile, logical i collaborative. And our vision is to make people enjoy quality public services and live in one open society.
According to Law 29/2010, of August 3, on the use of electronic media in the public sector of Catalonia, the strategic objectives of the AOC Consortium are, in essence, to collaborate with the Administration of the Generalitat, local authorities and, where appropriate, other public bodies, to:
a) Promote the interoperability of Catalan information systems with other administrations.
b) Create and provide common e-government services.
c) Reuse the e-government applications and services that are developed.
d) To guarantee the identity and to prove the will in the actions of the citizens and the staff of the public sector, as well as the confidentiality and the non-rejection in the electronic communications.
Through the AOC Consortium, co-operation and promotion measures are also being developed and implemented by the Government of Catalonia with local authorities in the use of electronic media.
Lines of strategic action
The AOC Consortium works with a clear vocation of service to public administrations and the desire to anticipate the future needs that are already foreseen in the current regulatory framework or that the citizen demands. Specifically, we work on the following strategic lines of action:
1.- Administrative collaboration services, with the aim of promoting the exchange of information by means of telematic means between the public administrations to improve their efficiency and efficiency, that is, to promote the interoperability of the information systems of the Catalan public administrations. These services aim to:
- Citizens are not asked for any document proving that the Public Administration or our collaborators already have, ensuring compliance with the legislation on the protection of personal data.
- Reduce the time and costs of inter-administrative communications and procedures through the exchange of information through electronic means
And this is done by developing and lending:
- Inter-administrative processing services, throughEACAT
- Services for the transmission of data, certificates and documents, such as the change of address, the query of standard flyers, the data query of the State Tax Administration Agency, etc. (Via Abierta)
2.- Common e-Government services, in order to support the projects of intensive use of the information and communication technologies promoted by the Catalan institutions, promoting the reusability and the reuse of electronic administration solutions.
With these services the Consortium contributes to:
- Accelerate the processes of modernization of the Catalan public administrations.
- Avoiding the digital divide between public administrations due to the diversity in their capacity and available resources.
- Promote the emergence of standards based on good practice.
- To increase the use of the electronic means in the administrative procedures and procedures while maintaining the technical and legal guarantees.
The electronic administration common services in which the Consortium works are classified into:
- Services to enable the administrative procedure: check-in and check-out (ERES), telematic notifications (e-NOTUM), electronic bulletin board, etc.
- Administrative management and processing services: Municipal Procedure Module (e-TRAM), file management, etc.
- Specific services of a sectoral nature such as electronic invoicing (e.FACT)
- Certificate and signature validation services
- Preservation and electronic archive services
- Electronic signature support services: e-signature web tool, time stamp, the Advanced Signature Platform (PSA)
3.- Identity and electronic signature services, aimed at public employees and elected officials, as well as the citizens of Catalonia.
4. Accompanying services. The Consortium also exercises functions of dissemination, training and advice, this as appropriate, financial support to local entities in the development of its e-Government projects and initiatives.